Star ID & Student E-mail
1. I haven't activated my Star ID or I don't know what my Star ID is, how can I access my e-mail?
If you haven't yet to activate your Star ID, you will need to go to https://Starid.mnscu.edu
and activate your Star ID.
If you have activated your Star ID, but do not remember what it is, or what the password is, go to https://Starid.mnscu.edu
and use the self help options to recover your Star ID or reset your Star ID password.
2. What is my username and password for E-mail?
Valid username and password for student e-mail is:
PW: StarID Password
3. My Star ID and Password don't seem to be working when I try to logon to e-mail, what should I do?
Go to https://Starid.mnscu.edu
and change your Star ID password. This will force a new password Synchronization with Ridgewater's network and should allow you to logon. Your starid password will expire every 180 days. You should receive a notice when it will be getting close to expiring. Please don't ignore those notices.
In some instances your web browser may have add-ons, plug-ins, or extensions that are interfering with the logon process. The simplest solution may be to try a different web browser if you have one installed, however it may be necessary to perform a browser reset and/or disable or remove unused add-ons, plug-ins, or extensions. The instructions to reset and manage add-ons, plug-ins, or extensions for the most common browsers are listed below as are the links to download and install an alternate browser.
Internet Explorer (Windows Only)
Safari (Mac Only)
4. How long will my E-mail remain available after I leave Ridgewater College?
About 120 days
5. How do I set up e-mail on my mobile phone?
Every cellphone is a little bit different, but general e-mail setup options are available.