Online Student Toolbox
Online learning at Ridgewater College is ideal for people with busy schedules and lifestyles. With an Internet connection you can log onto your online courses and participate anywhere, anytime. Ridgewater College uses Desire2Learn to deliver online classes.
When Can I Start My Online Classes?
You are able to login into Desire2Learn two weeks prior to the start of the semester. Depending on the course, you may not be able to access your course content until the first day. If you register for a class within two weeks of the start of the semester, allow two business days to create your account.
To access your college account, register online, pay tuition, view your records, click on the eServices link on the right side of the screen. Follow the instructions on the page to login using your StarID. To activate your StarID, go to starid.mnscu.edu.
Desire2Learn Login Instructions
1. You will need your StarID to log into Desire2Learn. To activate your StarID, go to starid.mnscu.edu.
2. Go to www.ridgewater.edu. Click "Student Portal" at the top right of the screen.
3. Click on the D2L link on the right side of the screen. On the Desire2Learn login page, login with your StarID and password.
4. Once you are logged into Desire2Learn, locate the current semester and click on the + next to the semester heading. You will then see your class(es) listed. Click on the class name to enter. NOTE: You may see your class but it may not be active until the first day of the semester.
5. You must login to your online class during the first week of class, preferably the first day. Although each instructor is different in the way they design their class, almost all classes have required deadlines. It is your responsibility to find and know this information.