Check & Connect
Check & Connect (C&C) is a student engagement intervention model to promote students' engagement with school, reduce dropout, and increase school completion. The Check & Connect model originated from a partnership of researchers, practitioners, parents, and students led by the Institute on Community Integration, University of Minnesota. The C&C Coach promotes positive outcomes by routinely meeting with students with intellectual disabilities and offering support in a number of ways:
- Check-in regularly with students to discuss how school, work, social, and home lives are going
- Monitor student’s attendance, grades, and progress in school
- Timely interventions to ensure student achievement through graduation
- Work with teachers, school administrators, and other support staff to help students be successful
- Problem solve with students when having difficulties with home, social, academic, or vocational lives
- Assist students in finding outreach services or supports, as needed
- Provide follow-up and support in the summer months and after graduation
- Sponsor social events to help students socialize and become integrated in school and community life
Check & Connect uses the principles of universal design for learning, person centered planning, self-determination, and academic and social integration.
For more information about Ridgewater College’s C&C Program, contact Columba Ferdinand at 320-222-6070 or email@example.com .
Also, go to http://checkandconnect.org for more information and the history behind C&C.