The mission of Distributive Educational Clubs of America, also known as DECA, is to serve its diverse international membership as a professional organization, providing leadership and career-oriented opportunities to develop and enhance tomorrow's leaders.
Specifically, DECA nurtures competent, entrepreneurial, self-reliant, cooperative leadership in a variety of professional areas. DECA....
- Provides opportunities to work and learn with people who share similar interests.
- Provides students with opportunities to travel, to meet life-long friends, to network with business and industry, and to work with these people as members of a DECA team.
- Awards and recognizes students for both individual and team demonstrations of skills and knowledge.
- Helps students make informed career choices by providing opportunities to explore a diverse group of professional fields.
- Develops strategic decision-making skills essential for college students seeking professional careers.
DECA provides a natural outlet for leadership, competition, networking and community service.
- A variety of conferences with a focus on leadership and team development
- "What Matters Most" personal and professional time management seminar based on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Leadership positions from the local through the international levels
- Networking at conferences
- Exclusive online job fair for DECA members
- Management Institutes-dynamic and interactive learning activities focused on strategic decision making and effective management. Institutes are offered at the International Conference for a variety of industries.
- Members strive to make a difference within their communities
- DECA recognizes service among chapters through the Diamond Chapter Award