Criminal Justice Association (CJA)
1) The deadline to sign up for the CJA field trip is MARCH 2nd. All forms need to be turned in to Mandi VanOverbeke by that date- no exceptions!
2) Officer-Involved Shooting Presentation!
Monday, April 6th at 2:00 PM in room L37 on the Willmar Campus
St. Cloud Police Officer Eric Jensen will be presenting on a shooting he was involved in. He will be talking about the affects the shooting had on him both mentally and physically. His wife will also be there discussing the affects it had on their family.
Criminal Justice Association Field Trip Information!
When: March 5th, 2015
Where: Stearns County Law Enforcement Center, St. Cloud MN
*Deadline to sign up is March 2nd! You MUST email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
* We will be taking a bus to and from the location. Time/location to get on the bus will be announced- so stay tuned!
* ONLY active members will be allowed to go! You MUST sign a liability waiver and promissory note and turn in to me BY MARCH 2nd! You can find both forms at: (Type in "Promissory Note" and "Release of Liability waiver form") https://www.ridgewater.edu/Search/Pages/default.aspx
I can also send you an email with these forms once you sign up to go. You can either email them back or drop them off to me- again by MARCH 2nd!
* Bring money for lunch- we will be stopping on the way back to eat!
* We will also be stopping off at KEEPRS- the law enforcement supply store in St. Cloud. Bring money if you wish to purchase anything. KEEPRS has a firearms simulation center- the cost is $20.00 for 20 minutes if you wish to participate! They would like to know ahead of time if anyone plans on doing this so they can have it staffed adequately. Please let me know if you plan to do this by MARCH 2nd!
- The main goal of the CJA this year is to help students better prepare for their entrance into the career field. This is accomplished through the speakers and field trips in the field of criminal justice. We also want to let perspective students and the communities know, law enforcement students at Ridgewater College are here to support them. This is demonstrated by our participation in career days and family fun night, helping out at with security at high school football games and helping out in different activities throughout the year.
This organization shall exist to provide educational opportunities outside the classroom setting to students and to serve as a service organization to the College and larger community.
Goals and Objectives
- To assist students in preparing for entrance into their career field.
- To provide students access/exposure to professionals working in the criminal justice field through speakers and field trips.
- To offer students opportunities to work with the community through service activities
The CJA has a long tradition at Ridgewater and we strive each year to continue that trend. Our club meets on a monthly basis; meetings usually involve a guest speaker from the criminal justice field on the local, state or federal level. Related job information and volunteer opportunities are also available. We usually take two field trips per year, one on each semester, traveling to various law enforcement and correctional facilities within the state. Our club provides a great way to meet fellow students in the criminal justice field and to gain knowledge throughout your college experience.