Criminal Justice Association (CJA)
- the next CJA meeting has been set for Ocotober
9th at 12:00 in Room L37 on the Willmar Campus. Steve Marquardt, a former
police officer will be here to present.
- The main goal of the CJA this year is to help students better prepare for their entrance into the career field. This is accomplished through the speakers and field trips in the field of criminal justice. We also want to let perspective students and the communities know, law enforcement students at Ridgewater College are here to support them. This is demonstrated by our participation in career days and family fun night, helping out at with security at high school football games and helping out in different activities throughout the year.
This organization shall exist to provide educational opportunities outside the classroom setting to students and to serve as a service organization to the College and larger community.
Goals and Objectives
- To assist students in preparing for entrance into their career field.
- To provide students access/exposure to professionals working in the criminal justice field through speakers and field trips.
- To offer students opportunities to work with the community through service activities
The CJA has a long tradition at Ridgewater and we strive each year to continue that trend. Our club meets on a monthly basis; meetings usually involve a guest speaker from the criminal justice field on the local, state or federal level. Related job information and volunteer opportunities are also available. We usually take two field trips per year, one on each semester, traveling to various law enforcement and correctional facilities within the state. Our club provides a great way to meet fellow students in the criminal justice field and to gain knowledge throughout your college experience.