Criminal Justice Association (CJA)
- Criminal Justice Association Club Meeting will be on March 6th at 11:00 in room L36 Willmar Campus. Kurt Robeck from Kandiyohi Community Corrections will be here to present!
- Criminal Justice Association Fieldtrip will be on April 1st to the FBI Headquarters. The tour will begin at 1:00. Transportation will be by bus from the Willmar campus. Time and location will be announced. There are only 20 spots for students, so please let me know quickly if you plan on attending.
This organization shall exist to provide educational opportunities outside the classroom setting to students and to serve as a service organization to the College and larger community.
Goals and Objectives
- To assist students in preparing for entrance into their career field.
- To provide students access/exposure to professionals working in the criminal justice field through speakers and field trips.
- To offer students opportunities to work with the community through service activities
The CJA has a long tradition at Ridgewater and we strive each year to continue that trend. Our club meets on a monthly basis; meetings usually involve a guest speaker from the criminal justice field on the local, state or federal level. Related job information and volunteer opportunities are also available. We usually take two field trips per year, one on each semester, traveling to various law enforcement and correctional facilities within the state. Our club provides a great way to meet fellow students in the criminal justice field and to gain knowledge throughout your college experience.