How to Start a Ridgewater Club
Thank you for taking the first steps of starting a club at Ridgewater College. Here is a guide of what steps to take to become a recognized club at Ridgewater College.
It is important to discuss with your fellow club members on the purpose for the club you wish to start and how your club will benefit the students involved, the college and the student body. Once you have identified your purpose and mission for your club please complete the following steps and submit the required paperwork to the Director of Student Life or the Vice President of the Student Senate:
a. Have a purpose for the club that will benefit the college.
b. Identify 5 or more club members who are current students at Ridgewater College.
c. Must have an advisor who is an employee of Ridgewater College.
d. List of current Club members
3. The Student Senate will review the requested application materials and invite representatives of the club to appear before the Student Senate to petition orally for their charter.
4. The Student Senate will recommend recognition status by a 2/3 approval vote and will notify the Club of their status.
If Student Senate finds the Club applying has not successfully completed with the above application process, or if other major questions or problems arise during the review process, a letter will be sent outlining the reason for postponing/denying the recognition process. In addition, suggestions for revisions will be included in the letter. When changes are made and additional information is presented to the Student Senate, the Senate will re-process the new information and respond accordingly. Application for official registration as a student Club will be considered inactive if all required materials are not submitted within 30 days after filing for registration.
Responsibilities of Recognized Clubs
- Accept responsibility for the supervision and safe operation of all sponsored programs and events.
- One member must be recognized and serve as a Club Liaison to the Student Senate
- Officers and voting members must hold current student status at Ridgewater College.
- The Club must maintain active and updated files in the Student Life Department.
- The Club must practice non-discrimination in recruiting members and programming, as defined by the Ridgewater College policy and local, state and national statues.
- All members of the Club must act responsibly as members of the Ridgewater College community, both on and off campus.
- Advisor(s) must attend 1 Club Advisor meeting each year.
- Compliance with all College policies and procedures as defined in the Ridgewater College Policy and Procedure website https://www.ridgewater.edu/more-rc/Pages/college-policies.aspx