Agricultural Science and Technology
This program is designed for students interested in earning a Bachelor of Science degree in agricultural education.
- STRONG TRANSFER PARTNERSHIPS with excellent reputations
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES with other agriculture educators
- MINNESOTA’S LARGEST 2-YEAR AGRICULTURE PROGRAM
- STATE-OF-THE-ART equipment, facilities, and HANDS-ON SCHOOL FARM
- EXPERIENCE helping faculty HOST FFA CONTESTS
- CONNECTIONS with other students and industry reps in
- Post-secondary Agriculture Students (PAS) club
- MANY RIDGEWATER 2+2 graduates are now teaching in Minnesota
About the Program
Earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Education!
Agricultural Education has three interconnected components:
- Classroom or lab instruction
- Experiential supervised learning outside of the classroom
- Leadership education through student organization involvement in the National FFA Organization, the National Young Farmer Education Association, National Postsecondary Agricultural Student Organization and others
Through partnerships with the University of Minnesota and South Dakota State University, Ridgewater College provides the first two years of Agricultural Education on the Willmar campus. By following the curriculum, students are guaranteed to have all Ridgewater College credits applied to the Bachelor of Science degree at one of the corresponding universities where they will complete their junior and senior curriculum.