Associate of Arts (AA) Degree
The AA (60 credits) is a transfer degree for which the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) was developed. AA degrees are 60 semester credits in length and may be awarded for successful completion of a transfer education curriculum designed to constitute the first two years of a baccalaureate degree. An AA degree must include the entire MnTC (40 semester credits) which, pursuant to Minnesota Statute, must transfer to any MnSCU university. Students must, however, be provided proper advising, as they may need to enroll in specific courses to meet general education and program major requirements of a four-year institution. All new students seeking an AA degree who entered Ridgewater College in Fall quarter of 1995 or later, must complete the MnTC as the general education core requirement.
Requirements for the Associate of Arts Degree:
- A minimum of sixty (60) credits numbered at 100 or above, with an overall grade point average of 2.0 (C) or higher.
- Orientation requirement satisfied.
- Satisfactory completion of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC).
- Two (2) credits chosen from these courses:
- Public Health 105 - Personal and Community Health
- Public Health 110 - Drug Education in Contemporary Society
- Physical Education 220 - First Aid/CPR
- PE Activity Courses (102-140)