Liberal Arts and Sciences/General Education
Complete the first two years of VIRTUALLY ANY MAJOR at Ridgewater College!
Students Are Now Able To Earn The Entire AA Degree In Liberal Arts COMPLETELY ONLINE!
Why start your journey toward a bachelor's degree (or higher) at Ridgewater? Here are a just a few reasons:
- Save thousands of dollars versus starting directly at your chosen university
- Get a high-quality education with instructors in the classroom who love to teach
- Take time and experiment with disciplines before choosing your major
- Personalized attention in small classrooms ensure you get the attention you need to succeed
- Easy transfer to your chosen university thanks to the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Ease your transition from high school to college with our small campuses and class sizes - great for students concerned about jumping right into a big university setting
Often referred to as "getting your generals", the Liberal Arts program at Ridgewater prepares students for transfer to baccalaureate majors at four-year colleges and universities. Here are just some of the majors that Ridgewater students pursue:
- Education (Elementary/Secondary/Special Ed)
- Human Services
- Law Enforcement (Peace Officer/Corrections)
- Music/Music Education
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Theater Arts
Be sure to visit with our admissions representatives and advisors regarding your long-term educational goals. We'll assist you in putting together a schedule specific to your interests, planned major and potential transfer institution, helping ensure a smooth transfer process!
Global Studies Certificate
Students pursuing their generals (Liberal Arts AA Degree) should also look into completing the courses required for Ridgewater's Global Studies Certificate. The Global Studies Certificate offers the student a global perspective in understanding the issues that affect today’s world. Successful completion of the certificate will give students the ability to integrate information from a variety of disciplines, to broaden their understanding of the world, and prepare them to become citizens of that world.
Gainful Employment Report