Online 16-Credit Certificate
About the Program:
The Early Childhood Education program at Ridgewater College prepares students to provide developmentally appropriate activities for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- The Early Childhood Certificate provides students with the basic skills necessary to work in an educational setting.
- This qualifies students to work in the mid-level teacher assistant position in a child care center.
This certificate can lead to an Early Childhood Associate of Science degree (AS), which can lead to a Bachelor of Science degree (BS) from Southwest Minnesota State University. The AS degree allows graduates to work in the teaching position and the BS degree leads to a Minnesota Early Childhood license (prekindergarten through grade three).
All of the courses will use an online or web-based format.
Graduates will gain skills in:
• Child Development
• Health, Safety, and Nutrition in early childhood
• Foundations of Early Childhood
• Special Education
• Child, Family, and Community Partnerships
• Hands-on Internship