Ag Career Fair and Technology Showcase
December 1, 2017
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
HIGH SCHOOL AND RIDGEWATER AG STUDENTS
- Discover employment opportunities in agriculture
- Attend industry presentations about new products and technologies
- Network with industry representatives from major agriculture companies
- Explore the trade show exhibits
- Review the agriculture training programs available at Ridgewater College
- Students - to register - go to
Ridgewater College is holding an agricultural career fair and trade show for agricultural employers to recruit workers and showcase their products to the next generation of growers and agribusiness professionals.
The event will be held at the Ridgewater College’s Willmar Campus Gymnasium on Friday, December 1, 2017 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. (The trade show will end at noon. Student job interviews and industry
presentations continue until 4:00 pm.) Agriculture industry companies will be able to:
Recruit highly trained technical agriculture students for employment.
Meet future customers and promote products to the next generation of farmers.
Present products and job opportunities in small group breakout sessions.
Approximately 200 Ridgewater College agribusiness and production agriculture students plus area high school students will be attending.
To register complete and return the form below:
There is no fee charge to participate.
• MINNESOTA’S LARGEST 2-YEAR AGRICULTURE PROGRAM
• 4 INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCES
• STATE-OF-THE-ART equipment, facilities and software
• SCHOOL FARM for HANDS-ON TRAINING
• Unique PROGRAM SPECIALIZATION options
• 12 FULL-TIME FACULTY with strong industry experience
• Excellent ACADEMIC SUPPORT and SMALL CLASS SIZES
• CONNECTIONS with other students and industry representatives through the Post-secondary Agriculture Students (PAS) club
• 2014 NATIONAL PAS AG SALES CONTEST WINNER
About the Program
This program prepares students for occupations in ag-related businesses in the areas of feeds, seeds, fertilizers, chemicals, agricultural products, equipment, petroleum, agricultural services and office management. Students may pursue either a diploma or an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree. Students graduating with a diploma must complete 72 technical agriculture credits. The AAS Degree consists of substituting 20 credits of technical agriculture with 20 credits of general education courses. Sustainable agriculture and environmental concerns are areas which will see increased emphasis.
The Ridgewater College Ag Department is unique among community/technical colleges in Minnesota in those students are allowed to specialize in the interest areas by taking 15 credits of specialized courses. There is a 3-credit internship in the fall and spring semesters of each year. This is the largest 2-year agriculture program in Minnesota.
Specializations available include:
- Petroleum Sales
- Crop Science
- Agronomy Tech
- Office Management
- Management and Sales