Do you know someone who graduated from one of Ridgewater’s ag programs? Help spread the word!
Ag Department Reunion and Alumni Kickoff Event
Friday, August 19
Willmar Conference Center
• MINNESOTA’S LARGEST 2-YEAR AGRICULTURE PROGRAM
• 4 INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCES
• STATE-OF-THE-ART equipment, facilities and software
• SCHOOL FARM for HANDS-ON TRAINING
• Unique PROGRAM SPECIALIZATION options
• 12 FULL-TIME FACULTY with strong industry experience
• Excellent ACADEMIC SUPPORT and SMALL CLASS SIZES
• CONNECTIONS with other students and industry representatives through the Post-secondary Agriculture Students (PAS) club
• 2014 NATIONAL PAS AG SALES CONTEST WINNER
About the Program
This program prepares students for occupations in ag-related businesses in the areas of feeds, seeds, fertilizers, chemicals, agricultural products, equipment, petroleum, agricultural services and office management. Students may pursue either a diploma or an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree. Students graduating with a diploma must complete 72 technical agriculture credits. The AAS Degree consists of substituting 20 credits of technical agriculture with 20 credits of general education courses. Sustainable agriculture and environmental concerns are areas which will see increased emphasis.
The Ridgewater College Ag Department is unique among community/technical colleges in Minnesota in those students are allowed to specialize in the interest areas by taking 15 credits of specialized courses. There is a 3-credit internship in the fall and spring semesters of each year. This is the largest 2-year agriculture program in Minnesota.
Specializations available include:
- Petroleum Sales
- Crop Science
- Agronomy Tech
- Office Management
- Management and Sales