About the Program
The Education Paraprofessional program at Ridgewater College offers the opportunity for individuals to pursue careers as paraprofessionals in education, training, and related services. Students have a choice of the Education Paraprofessional AAS degree, the Title I Educational Paraprofessional AAS degree (designed for working professionals), as well as a diploma.
- Minnesota's ORIGINAL and MOST SUCCESSFUL post-secondary training program for paraprofessionals in education, training, and related services.
- STRONG Community PARTNERSHIPS
- HANDS-ON experience through internships
- EARN credit for PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
Students enrolled in the Education Paraprofessional program will develop expertise in:
- Behavior management
- American Sign Language
- Special education
- Child development
- Computers and machines
- Teaching strategies
- Non-violent crisis prevention intervention (certification)
- First aid and CPR (certification)
This program will provide the student with the skills to work in an educational setting by studying educational methods and designing curriculum needed in the learning process. Students learn through lecture, observation, lab experiences and up to 10 credits of internship.
Students can waive up to 10 credits of internship based on past work experience. Each credit consists of 40 hours. Students may have to pay for Life Credit costs. Please contact Angeline Kallhoff - Angeline.Kallhoff@ridgewater.edu or at 320-234-8590 for additional information.