Ag Career Fair and Technology Showcase
December 1, 2017
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
HIGH SCHOOL AND RIDGEWATER AG STUDENTS
- Discover employment opportunities in agriculture
- Attend industry presentations about new products and technologies
- Network with industry representatives from major agriculture companies
- Explore the trade show exhibits
- Review the agriculture training programs available at Ridgewater College
- Students - to register - go to
Ridgewater College is holding an agricultural career fair and trade show for agricultural employers to recruit workers and showcase their products to the next generation of growers and agribusiness professionals.
The event will be held at the Ridgewater College’s Willmar Campus Gymnasium on Friday, December 1, 2017 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. (The trade show will end at noon. Student job interviews and industry
presentations continue until 4:00 pm.) Agriculture industry companies will be able to:
Recruit highly trained technical agriculture students for employment.
Meet future customers and promote products to the next generation of farmers.
Present products and job opportunities in small group breakout sessions.
Approximately 200 Ridgewater College agribusiness and production agriculture students plus area high school students will be attending.
To register complete and return the form below:
There is no fee charge to participate.
• 4 INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCES on your farm or other farms
• HANDS-ON TRAINING on SCHOOL FARM and in labs and shops
• LARGEST MN 2-YEAR AGRICULTURE PROGRAM
• Excellent ACADEMIC SUPPORT
• 12 FULL-TIME FACULTY with STRONG INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
• SMALL CLASS SIZES
• CONNECTIONS with other dairy students and industry reps through Post-secondary Agriculture Students (PAS) club
About the Program
The two-year Farm Operation and Management program includes courses in all phases of technical agriculture with special emphasis on farm management. Students enrolled in Farm Operation and Management have a choice of four specializations:
- Farm Management
- Crop Science
- Animal Science
- Dairy Science
Students attend classes for approximately six weeks and then are released for a four-week period of internship during the height of fall field work. Upon their return, they follow the regular schedule until they are released in April for a spring internship. During the summer session, students are given the option of attending any or all of the courses offered. During the internship periods, students are supervised by an instructor. Students take advanced classes their second year and graduate at the end of May.
Ridgewater Ag Program
Ridgewater’s Agriculture program is the largest 2-year program in Minnesota, and has 9 full-time faculty members to ensure students get the personal attention they need to succeed.
The Agriculture programs at Ridgewater offer students the opportunity to learn and be involved outside the classroom with a very active PAS organization (Post-secondary Agriculture Students). Highlights include:
- Largest PAS chapter in the United States (including Vet Tech)
- Dairy Specialist teams have been seven-time national PAS contest winners
- College Bowl 2nd place at Nationals
- National winner – Sales Contest – 2005 & 2006
- Large number PAS state officers
- 2007-08 State PAS President and State PAS Vice President; 2009-10 National Secretary
- Much success at state and national contest levels