Associate Degree and Bachelor of Science Nursing
FALL 2015 Associate Degree and Bachelor of Science Nursing Application
Students interested in AD Nursing at Ridgewater College will begin the pre-requisite general education courses in the Associate Degree And Bachelor Of Science Nursing curriculum.
Please see links on the right for information on admissions criteria, information sessions, application deadlines and TEAS testing.
A.S. Nursing and Bachelor of Science in Nursing: As a dual enrollment nursing program with Metropolitan State University, students can continue coursework to complete their bachelor's degree upon the completion of associate degree requirements.
The program is designed as four-years of full-time study, with the first two semester devoted to prerequisite/preparatory courses required for admission to the nursing program. Successful completion of five semesters leads to an Associate of Nursing degree (AS), offered by Ridgewater College and eligibility to take the NCLEX-RN licensure examination.
The Associate Degree And Bachelor Of Science Nursing curriculum continues for three additional semesters leading to a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nursing (BSN) offered by a collaborating university. All courses, in a variety of formats, will be offered at a Ridgewater College campus
- SMALL FACULTY TO STUDENT RATIO in classroom, lab and clinical
- DUAL ADMISSION to Metropolitan State University NO NEED TO RE-APPLY to complete BSN
- Completion of the ENITRE 4 year/8 semester baccalaureate PROGRAM in WILLMAR or HUTCHINSON
- Rural healthcare emphasis
- INNOVATIVE curriculum to reflect future practice for nurses
- MULTIPLE clinical sites for student practice in a variety of settings
- Simulation HANDS-ON learning experiences to enhance critical thinking and clinical reasoning
- ACCREDITED by the accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education of Nursing, Inc.
- APPROVED by the Minnesota Board of Nursing
- Creates VAST OPPORTUNITIES for GRADUATES in the field of nursing
- LOW Tuition Rate - complete 80 credits of the 120 credit bachelor's degree at Ridgewater
There are two options leading to the Associate in Science degree (AD) in nursing. The basic nursing program, "Traditional Track", requires completion of the entire three semester nursing course sequence and liberal arts requirements. The Advanced standing credit is offered to licensed practical nurses. Students are encouraged to continue through to a Bachelor's of Science degree in Nursing.