Vet Tech Information Session
Monday June 8, 2015 - 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Come visit our state-of-the-art facilities, including our Paws and Claws Clinic where students practice what they learn. Meet our experienced staff and discover the excitement awaiting you in Ridgewater’s Veterinary Technology program.
* Information sessions
* Tours of the department - see demonstrations with live animals
* HANDS ON opportunities
Willmar Campus - Student Services Building
This is a program that often has a waiting list for students to get in, so explore and apply early!
Students gain on-the-job experience through an internship program at a veterinary clinic, laboratory, research facility, humane society, production animal operation, wildlife center, or zoo.
- 95% Placement rate
- ONE focused degree
- STATE-OF-THE-ART equipment and facilities, including a digital X-ray facility, laser surgery equipment, and dental units
- Fully equipped SURGERY facility
- Simulated ON-SITE veterinary clinic
- LIVE animals on campus - dogs, cats, small animals and exotics
- HANDS-ON experience with LARGE animals
- Small class sizes - 8:1 STUDENT:STAFF RATIO in labs
- TWO faculty veterinarians
- SEVEN faculty vet technicians
- LOW tuition rate
- FULL accreditation since 1993
- Intro class available ON-LINE
- PROGRAM specific scholarships
The Veterinary Technology major is academically rigorous and requires highly motivated individuals dedicated to success. Applicants are expected to spend at least one week observing or working in a veterinary clinic with a veterinary technician prior to starting the program.
Tailored to nurture the knowledge, abilities, and lifelong learning skills required of the veterinary technician. Courses are taught by experienced veterinarians and veterinary technicians who are aware of what your future employers will expect you to know.
IMPORTANT: Please see the ADMISSION CRITERIA for this program.