Get a jump start on your classes! REGISTER TODAY.
Classes start Tuesday, May 30th!
Click the image to the left for more information.
The Welding program at Ridgewater College is well known for the quality graduates it produces.
- Learn all common welding methods
- Work with many different kinds of metals and alloys
- Weld in many different positions used in industry
- Experience using metal fabricating equipment
- Gain knowledge of various layout methods and blueprint reading
- Apply classroom instruction concepts through hands-on experiences
Students gain expertise with many tools and techniques:
- Electric and oxy-fuel welding
- Plasma cutting equipment
- Cutting shears & rollers
- Press brakes
The Industrial Welding program at the Willmar campus is different from other welding programs because it offers either a one-year track or a two-year advanced technical welding education. Students here have the opportunity to work hands-on with state-of-the-art technology, such as a robotic welder.
The Hutchinson campus program is also unique, as it has the only welding program in the state with in-house X-ray. Using this quality control inspection method, students always have feedback on the quality of their welds. Students are given broad and continuous exposure to welding methods and equipment.
Hands-on education is emphasized, including the design and completion of individualized student projects.
Tremendous changes are occurring in the metal working industry. New alloys require different filler metals and newer processes for cutting and welding. Ridgewater stays current on the latest trends in manufacturing to ensure students are prepared.