Veterans Resource Center
In recognition of your service to our country, Ridgewater College is waiving the $20 application fee for student vets. When you fill out the application for admission, enter the promo code "VETS" and answer "yes" to the question, "Are you now serving, or have you ever served, in the United States Armed Forces?" The application fee will then be waived.
The Veterans Resource Center can provide information and referrals regarding:
- Educational benefits and scholarships
- Veterans' employment help and unemployment benefits
- Medical benefits
- Mental health resources
- Family assistance services
- Service-connected disability claims
- Post-deployment transition issues
- Veterans' rights regarding residency status, payment extensions, military transfer credits, and accommodations for deployments
We have great resources on campus for Veterans, current military and their family members. Kari Johnson is a representative from the Minnesota Department of Veteran Affairs. Kari has been a member of the MN National Guard for 14 years and has served on two deployments. Even when she is not on a Ridgewater Campus, she is available to help with issues of questions.
- Monday - Willmar
- Tuesday - Alexandria
- Wednesday - Hutchinson
- Thursday - Alexandria
- Friday - Willmar
Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs, Higher Education Veterans Programs
Central Regional Coordinator
Willmar - Room A241 - Upstairs in the Student Center
Hutchinson - Room 405
Cell: (320) 491-2734
Tel: (320) 762-4467
Fax: (320) 222-5216
Higher Education Veterans Program
Mission: To serve the unique higher education needs of students who are Veterans, current military members or family members.
Process: The Minnesota Legislature passed a number of initiatives addressing the unique and often complex needs of students who are Veterans. To assist Minnesota’s colleges and universities fulfill these new requirements, the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs established the Higher Education Veterans Programs. This program consists of a director and regional coordinators located throughout the state. Specifically, the coordinators work with colleges to enhance or develop:
- "Veterans friendly” policies and procedures
- On-campus Veterans Resource Centers
- Coordinated Campus and Community Services and information
- Serve as a partner with the military and other community providers with the “Beyond the Yellow Ribbon” Reintegration activities of the MNARNG.
- Provide Higher Education Information and Support: “Providing in-person and electronic higher education advising, in-person referral, related service and education benefit information to Veterans, military members, and their families.”
For more information please visit our website at www.mymilitaryeducation.org