Workforce Development Scholarships
Ridgewater College will be awarding 18 additional scholarship awards of $2,500. The application is OPEN through July 30th.
Workforce Development Scholarships are targeted for Minnesota residents who are majoring in high-demand occupations in the areas of advanced manufacturing, agriculture, health care, information technology, early childhood, and transportation.
- Minnesota resident
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Must have an activate StarID and password.
- Accepted and admitted to Ridgewater College for the fall 2019 semester in at least nine credits in one of the following programs:
- Agronomy Tech
- Auto Body
- Automation and Robotics
- Automotive Service Technology
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Computer Programming
- Computer Support Technician
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Dairy Management
- Early Childhood Education
- Farm Operations
- GPS/GIS for Ag
- Health Information Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding Specialist
- NDT – Nondestructive Testing
- Nursing (Pre-nursing is not eligible)
- Web Programming
Students that are awarded must enroll for the fall 2019 semester to receive their first disbursement of $1,250. The second disbursement for spring semester 2020 shall be contingent upon the successful completion of at least nine credits with minimum 2.0 GPA in fall 2019.