Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Agronomy Technology Program
Visit our state-of-the-art facilities and explore our seven well-established agricultural programs, everything from traditional dairy, agronomy and farm operations to GPS/GIS and our newest program — Agricultural Power and Equipment Technician.
- Discover employment opportunities in agriculture
- Attend industry presentations about new products and technologies
- Network with industry representatives from major agriculture companies
- Explore the trade show exhibits
- Review the agriculture training programs available at Ridgewater College
Agronomists are agricultural scientists who study and experiment to enhance crop yields. Some agronomy technicians assist with laboratory equipment and field sample collection. Custom application is one of the highest demand careers in the Agribusiness industry. If you enjoy applied agricultural science and seek an in-demand career with great job placement and bonus financial assistance, Ridgewater’s Agronomy Technology may be the field for you!
- Willmar campus
- Fall and spring starts
Skills you will learn
- Agronomy theories
- Precision agriculture practices
- Custom application procedures and software
- Commercial and forklift driving
Ridgewater’s Agronomy Technology program is one of several agriculture options within Minnesota’s largest two-year Agriculture department. The program, which was the first of its kind in the U.S., is a unique partnership with agronomy centers to meet high demands for custom applicators. Agronomy Technology students receive tuition-assistance sponsorships. In return, students intern with the sponsor and then work for the company for a one-year minimum after graduation. It’s a win-win!
2017 Nationally recognized Outstanding Postsecondary/Adult Agriculture Education program
Certifications available: Commercial Driver’s License, OSHA Forklift, OSHA 10-hours, Commercial or Private Applicator, FAA Part 107 Drone
Program attributes that help students thrive
- State-of-the-art custom application technology
- Hands-on training at school farm, labs, and shops
- Four paid internships
- Critical industry partnerships
- Active Professional Agricultural Students (PAS) Club, with top 10 national crop honors
Students seeking a direct path to employment enjoy the benefits of Ridgewater’s Agronomy Technology program. Industry sponsors support you through tuition assistance, internship experience, and eventual jobs. You can’t beat that!
Salary and Job Outlook Agronomy
|Potential Careers for Graduates||Entry Level Annual Wage 2018||Median Annual Wage 2018||Projected Growth Rate 2016-2026||Projected Regional Job Openings 2016-2026|
|Agricultural Equipment Operators||$31,491||$39,083||2% ||290|
|Farmworkers & Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse||$20,800||$27,102||-19%||170|
|Agricultural & Food Science Technicians||$28,059||$42,286||15%||242|
|Soil & Plant Scientists||$47,778||$64,293||24%||85|