Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Multimedia Design Technology Program
Open House to Showcase Photography, Multimedia Design
Friday, December 6
4:00 – 5:30 pm, Willmar Campus
Park in the visitor lot and enter the Student Center.
Creativity partners with technical know-how for students in Ridgewater College’s Multimedia Design Technology (MMDT) program. If you are inspired to design and communicate creatively, Ridgewater can teach you current industry software skills and artistic strategies to enjoy a career where you develop print and digital projects that help your clients promote, invite, inform, and entertain.
- Hutchinson campus
- Online: Fully
- Fall and Spring start
Skills you’ll learn
- Photo composition and editing
- Image creation and interactivity
- Web design/basic programming
- Attention to detail
- Color and type theory
Helping you succeed is our greatest priority. It drives everything we do! Our most successful Multimedia Design Technology students think creatively, value originality, strive to be artistic, are comfortable on computers, embrace social media, find reward in developing their problem-solving skills, enjoy life-long learning, and understand the value of good communication skills.
Multimedia Design Technology course MMDT 1008 Introduction to Computer Graphics meets national Quality Matters standards. The same instructor has integrated best practices into other courses as well.
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Flexible program format available on campus, online or some of each!
- Real-world individual and group projects with real-world clients
- Personalized attention
- Collaborative coursework with other business-related programs
- Unique combination of design and programming in the same department
- Recorded class discussions and lectures
- Professional portfolio development
- Flexible degree plans to meet student goals
- Online/on-campus atmosphere of inspiration, creativity, and innovation
Salary and Job Outlook Multimedia Design
|Potential Careers for Graduates||Entry Level Annual Wage 2018||Median Annual Wage 2018||Projected Growth Rate 2016-2026||Projected Regional Job Openings 2016-2026|
Degrees and Certificates