Associate degree and Bachelor’s degree Nursing applications are accepted two times a year. Students must attend a Nursing information session and complete TEAS testing prior to applying to the program. Students must also be current with their BLS/CPR certification prior to starting the Nursing program. Register here for training
- Fall semester start – Applications are accepted December 1 through February 1
- Spring semester start – Applications are accepted April 1 through June 1
Students interested in Nursing begin with the pre-requisite general education courses.
Nursing information session
All nursing information sessions will be from 10 am – 11 am via Zoom.
- Tuesday, August 3
- Tuesday, September 7
- Tuesday, October 5
- Tuesday, November 2
- Tuesday, December 7
NOW VIRTUAL via Zoom – RSVP here to get the Zoom link
Attending a Nursing information session is required for all applicants.
- Nursing options available at Ridgewater – Practical Nursing and MANE
- Overview of Practical Nursing (PN)
- Overview of MANE
- Admissions criteria and application process for PN and MANE
TEAS Testing Online for Fall 2021 Nursing Students
For the December 1 through February 1 application cycle, students must score a minimum of 58.7% on the TEAS test to apply to MANE.
Both Hutchinson and Willmar campuses are sites for administering the TEAS test, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, testing has moved online. Students are encouraged to plan ahead as space is limited. TEAS study material
Students applying to the MANE (RN) program for Fall 2021 will take the TEAS test remotely through a service called Proctorio. (Note: Students pursuing the PN program no longer need to take the TEAS test). Students should register for a remote TEAS test directly through ATI, the company that owns the rights to the test.
- There are many more dates for students to choose from to take the test compared to the previous five or six Ridgewater would host each semester.
- You can take it from the convenience of your home or a location closer to home versus having to come to campus to take the test.
- You can have one free transcript of the TEAS score sent to a location of your choice. If you want to send it directly to Ridgewater, you could do that for free and your score is submitted to us directly from ATI.
- Register at www.atitesting.com.
- Step-by-step registration directions [PDF]
- Schedule the full 4 hours to take the test
- Only four-function calculators are allowed
- Cost for the online exam is $115. (Increased cost covers the remote testing through Proctorio and also includes the transcript sent to the college of your choice.)
It is Ridgewater College policy to provide flexible and individualized basis services to those who have disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Reasonable accommodations can be provided after appropriate documentation has been received and reviewed by the office of Disability Services. Testing accommodations are accessible at your current campus or the campus you plan to attend the MANE program. If you choose to take the TEAS exam at a Ridgewater location and require accommodations based on a professionally diagnosed and documented disability, you must submit documentation to support your request to the Disability Services Office 10 business days in advance of your preferred testing date. For TEAS testing accommodation requests, contact the Disability Services Office at 320-234-8650 Hutchinson Campus, and 320-222-8040 Willmar Campus. TTY: Minnesota Relay Service 7-1-1 or1-800-627-3529.