Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Nursing – Practical Program
Practical nurses are high-demand, entry-level nurses who work to prevent illness and to promote, restore or maintain good health. Under the supervision of registered nurses and physicians, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) put the care in healthcare by working the frontline with patients.
- Hutchinson and Willmar campuses
Skills you will learn
- Foundations of nursing, interventions and clinical
- Medication administration/pharmacology
- Nursing across the lifespan
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Psychosocial nursing
- Communications and ethics
The Practical Nursing program at Ridgewater is proud of its innovative, newly revised curriculum that makes a great experience even better. Our instructors maximize a combination of high-fidelity simulation with life-like mannekins in our state-of-the-art labs with hands-on, real-world experiences. It’s no wonder employers seek our graduates. With a 95%-97% program completion rate over the last few years and a 100% job placement rate, students are happy they chose Ridgewater College. Graduates have reaped the rewards for their hard work by passing their licensure boards exam with a 90-100% passing rate the past few years. Top-ranked program + student commitment=SUCCESS.
Approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing. Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) for information on the accreditation process, contact ACEN at 404-975-5000 or at www.acenursing.org.
A 2018 top-ranked LPN nursing program by practicalnursing.org
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Hands-on experiences with committed, clinical partners
- Leaders in simulation in the classroom, lab and clinical
- Concept-based curriculum designed to help students learn better and think critically
- Small class sizes leads to personal attention and strong classmate relationships
- Active Nursing Club connections for volunteer and educational activities
- Group projects and study groups
- Experienced instructors who are current with industry practices
As THE most trusted profession for more than a decade (2017 Gallup poll), nursing offers great job satisfaction, versatility, placement, and security. Train with the best at Ridgewater and you can become one of the best.
Salary and Job Outlook Nursing
|Potential Careers for Graduates||Entry Level Annual Wage 2015||Median Annual Wage 2015||Projected Growth Rate 2012-2022||Projected Regional Job Openings 2012-2022|
|Licensed Practical Nurses||$29,910||$39,062||18%||1,040|
|Certified Nursing Assistants||$20,446||$23,795||9%||870|
Degrees and Certificates