How to Apply
Two Easy Steps to Apply – NO application fee!
- Apply for admission online. If you need the application form in a different format, please contact the Admissions Office at 800-722-1151 or download the application [PDF].
- Contact your high school to send in a copy of your high school transcript or GED. Transcripts can be emailed to email@example.com.
An official college transcript may be used for a student with 12 or more college-level credits.
PSEO & International Student Applications
- Special Application Process for Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Students
- Additional Process for International Students
Veterans and military members are directed to receive approval from your ESO, military counselor, or service prior to enrolling at Ridgewater College.
Enrolling at Ridgewater College
5 Simple Steps to Enroll
Once you have been accepted to Ridgewater College, there are just five simple steps to complete your enrollment:
- Apply for financial aid
- Take the Accuplacer Assessment unless you have scored a 22 or above in math and 21 or above in reading subtest on the ACT (ACT is not required by Ridgewater)
- Complete the online orientation
- Attend a registration session
- Pay tuition and get your books
NOTE: Placement into college-level English or Math courses will be based on placement scores from Accuplacer*, ACT, SAT, MCA and/or high school GPA.*Due to COVID-19 Ridgewater College has suspended Accuplacer testing until further notice.
Why You Should Apply & Enroll Early
- The financial aid process takes four to six weeks. Apply for financial aid before the financial aid priority date if you want to receive your award letter before the start of the semester when payment is due.
- Technical and career programs are in demand. Increase your chances of getting into the program you want by applying early. If you meet the acceptance requirements for the program, but it is full, you will be put on a waiting list and can take elective or general education requirements while waiting.
- You will have a wider choice of classes when you register. Individual courses have limited seating. Apply early so you can sign up for the classes that best fit your schedule.
- Give yourself more time for placement assessment. Allows you more time to study for the Accuplacer test and retest if needed.
- Less stress! Get accepted and registered early so you can celebrate and get ready to start.
Acceptance to the college does not automatically guarantee your admission into a specific program. Some career/occupational programs use a waiting list and/or selection process.
A visiting student is not required to submit an application for admission and is not a candidate for a degree, diploma or certificate, or for financial aid through Ridgewater College.
A visiting student may enroll for a maximum of 18 credits per semester. Students who are enrolled at a Minnesota State school must not exceed 22 total enrolled credits per semester at all system colleges and universities per Minnesota State policy.
- Visiting students shall satisfy Ridgewater College course prerequisites.
- Visiting students who have an enrollment hold due to conduct or satisfactory academic progress must submit an appeal following the Ridgewater College Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- Students who have an enrollment hold from another system college or university due to outstanding financial obligations will be denied enrollment.
- Students may register by calling 800-722-1151.
- Enrollment of visiting students in high-demand courses may be limited.
Ridgewater College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment and education opportunity. Lack of English skills will not be a barrier to admission or participation. In order to eliminate barriers, we take appropriate measures to assess each student’s ability to participate and benefit through placement testing and counseling. Based on the assessment and counseling, students are then provided with campus services or a referral to community services to be better prepared for successful participation.