- Completion and submission of a standard application form. High school students interested in participating in the Postsecondary Enrollment Option program, please refer to PSEO Admission Policy.
- Basic requirement is a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.*
- Submission of a $20 application fee. This fee is required and should be attached to the application for admission. It is nonrefundable.
- Students applying to some programs may have additional admissions requirements. Please see requirements for the following programs:
Veterinary Technology, Practical Nursing, and Associate Degree Nursing.
Not considered in the admissions process:
- GPA (grade point average)
- Class rank
- ACT and SAT scores (If you have taken the ACT, please send the results to Ridgewater admissions as they may exempt you from placement testing.)
- Courses completed (though certain courses are required by the state or your school district for graduation from high school)
- Essays or letters of recommendation
- Extracurricular activities
Students applying for re-admission will need to meet the admission policy in place at the time of their re-application. Former Ridgewater students eligible for re-admission should notify the admissions office at least 10 days prior to the beginning of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
Students who have been suspended need to notify the College at least six weeks before the start of the term to submit their appeal paperwork and documentation.
You do not need to be a resident of Minnesota to be admitted to Ridgewater. If you are not a U.S. citizen or immigrant, or if you plan to seek a student visa to study in the United States, apply as an international student.
Admissions of Veterans
Because certain veterans and their children may be eligible for benefits under the GI Bill and other laws, all veterans, war orphans, and children of disabled veterans must notify the admissions office of their status at the time of their application. Find more information on veterans benefits.
Adult Basic Education
If you do not have a high school diploma or GED, call or visit your local Adult Basic Education (ABE) office. They offer a variety of free courses and preparation to assist you in obtaining your GED. Upon earning your GED, you are eligible to apply for admissions to Ridgewater. Call the Hutchinson ABE at 320-234-8507 and the Willmar ABE at 320-235-8480.