Get Started at Ridgewater College
Follow these simple steps to start your journey at Ridgewater College.
- Step 1: Apply online
After completing your application, contact your high school to send in a copy of your transcript. A college transcript may be used for a student with 12 or more college-level credits.
APPLY ONLINE MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY
- Step 2: Complete your FAFSA
Visit fafsa.gov and use Ridgewater code 005252 to complete your necessary financial aid information. Need help filling out your FAFSA or have questions? Make an appointment with our Financial Aid Officers.
FAFSA APPLICATION SCHEDULE VIRTUAL FINANCIAL AID APPOINTMENT
- Step 3: Complete online orientation
To complete your online orientation, you will need to log in with your StarID and password. Don’t know your StarID or Password? Visit starid.minnstate.edu for assistance.
Go to Online Orientation PSEO Orientation
- Step 4: Meet with an academic advisor to register for classes
Register for classes by making an appointment with your academic advisor.
Meet with your advisor
- Step 5: Print your schedule from eServices
Having your schedule in front of you will make it easier for you to order your books and prepare for classes.
Instructions for Printing Your Schedule
- Step 6: Order your books from our bookstore
Our Ridgewater Bookstores will not be open for in-person shopping, but you can order your books online for shipping or pick up. The college is offering free shipping for Fall Semester 2020. You can read more about book charging, find instructions for online orders, and discover other helpful information at www.ridgewater.edu/bookstore.
HUTCHINSON CAMPUS BOOKSTORE WILLMAR CAMPUS BOOKSTORE
- Step 7: Explore your student resources & accounts
Understand the different tools, technologies, and communication channels that are available to you as a Ridgewater College student. Here are a few accounts you have access to:
- Ridgewater College Email – you will be given a Ridgewater College student email address and access to your own account. Email is the college’s main form of communication, so be sure to check your Ridgewater College email inbox often.
- D2L (Desire to Learn) – D2L is a learning management program that is used by all Minnesota State Colleges and Universities in the system. You may use D2L for assignments, communication, discussions, or other learning tools specific to each of your courses. This information and the use of D2L is driven by your instructors.
- eServices – eServices is a system with many of the vital services students use such as class registration, online bill pay, address change, viewing grades from specific terms, accessing your financial aid status, and more.
- Step 8: Pay your tuition
Tuition is due Friday, August 28, 2020. Students may be dropped from their classes if they have not met certain criteria by this date.
Invoices and statements are not mailed to students. Statements and other student information are available through the eServices portal. Log on to eServices and enter your StarID and password. Once logged on, select “Bills and Payment” under Student eServices. “Balance Due by Term” reflects activity for a specific term while “Full Account Detail” reflects all activity on your student account since 2000.
GO TO E-SERVICES Learn More About Paying Tuition
Campus Tours & Inquiries
Looking to get acquainted before classes begin? Campus tours are offered daily at 10am and 2pm between August 10-August 28. Call us at 320-222-5971 to let us know you’re coming!
Interested in learning more about Ridgewater College? Schedule an appointment with one of our Admissions Specialists.
Schedule An Admissions Appointment
**There will be no campus tours for anyone who is not interested in starting fall 2020 during this time period.**