Workforce Development Scholarships
Sixteen scholarship awards of $2,500 each are available. Awarded students must enroll for the fall 2018 semester to receive their first disbursement of $1,250. The second disbursement for spring semester 2019 shall be contingent upon the successful completion of at least nine credits with minimum 2.0 GPA in fall 2018.
Apply now for a $2,500 scholarship.
Applications are being accepted until February 28, 2018.
- Accepted and admitted to Ridgewater College for fall semester 2018 and have an activated StarID and password.
- Planning to enroll at Ridgewater College for the fall semester 2018 in at least nine credits in one of the following programs:
- Agronomy Tech
- Automation and Robotics
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Computer Programming
- Computer Support Technician
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Dairy Management
- Farm Operations
- GPS/GIS for Ag
- Health Information Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding Specialist
- NDT – Nondestructive Testing
- LPN – Licensed Practical Nursing*
- Web Programming
*After completion of pre-nursing coursework
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- From any Minnesota high school graduating in 2018; however, preference shall be given to students who are 2017 or 2018 graduates from the following Ridgewater College/Perkins Grant partner high schools:
- Atwater-Cosmos-Grove City
- Bird Island-Olivia-Lake Lillian
- Buffalo Lake-Hector-Stewart
- DREAM Academy
- Eden Valley-Watkins
- Glencoe-Silver Lake
- Lester Prairie
- Maynard-Clara City-Raymond
- New London-Spicer
- Sibley East
Students completing their first year at Ridgewater College during the 2017-2018 academic year may also apply if they meet the criteria in (1) and (2).