Workforce Development Scholarships
Students in eligible programs may qualify for one of 60+ Workforce Development Scholarships of $2500.00 each at Ridgewater College for the academic year 2020-21. These scholarships are for students pursuing degrees in these six high demand career areas: advanced manufacturing, agriculture, automotive trades/transportation, early childhood education, healthcare services, and information technology.
The Ridgewater College Foundation universal online scholarship application works for ALL scholarships including Workforce Development Scholarships! The deadline for applications was April 15, 2020.
- Must be Minnesota resident
- Must have cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Accepted to Ridgewater College for the upcoming fall semester (PSEO students are not eligible)
- Must have an active StarID and password at Ridgewater College
- Must be enrolled in at least 9 credits in a qualified program, listed below:
Ag Power & Equipment Technician
Farm Operation & Management
GPS/GIS for Agriculture
- Early Childhood Education
Early Childhood Education
- Healthcare Services
Chemical Dependency Counseling
Health Information Technician
Healthcare Administrative Assistant
Medical Coding Specialist
Nursing (Pre-Nursing is not eligible)
- Information Technology
Computer Support Technician
Cyber Security Specialist
Network Systems Administrator
- Manufacturing Technology
Automated & Robotic Systems Technology
Computer-Aided Drafting & Design
Machine Tool Technology
Nondestructive Testing Technology
Auto Body Collision Repair
Auto Service Technology
This scholarship is disbursed equally over Fall 2020 and Spring 2021, $1,250 per semester, assuming student completes no less than nine credits in an eligible program with minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA in the Fall and remains in good academic standing, per Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements. Students who elect to change from a qualified program to a non-qualified program will automatically forfeit the scholarship.
- The Fall 2020 scholarship application is closed.
- Award notifications have been sent.
- Students who received an award were notified via email on May 28, 2020. Be sure to check your Ridgewater College email account.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must review and abide by the Scholarship Acceptance Terms.
- The scholarship application deadline was April 15, 2020.
- Spring 2021 scholarship application will open in early September 2020.