A variety of resources and services are available to assist students during their time at Ridgewater College. Click on the resource you’re interested in below to reveal more information and a link to schedule an appointment or contact someone in that area.
- Admissions & Campus Visits
In-person tours are available by appointment.
Make an Admissions Appointment if you…
- Are a prospective student interested in attending Ridgewater College
- Need help with the application process
Contact an Outreach and Admissions Specialist:
Amy Birkland | 320-222-5977 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Hanna | 320-222-5733 | email@example.com
Davontay Stevens | 320-234-8551 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisors at Ridgewater College collaborate with students to help them achieve their academic goals and graduate. They are available to students attending classes on campus as well as online students.
Make an Advising Appointment if you…
- Need to register for courses and discuss course sequence planning
- Want to explore degree and career options
- Want to discuss campus resources, study/time management strategies, tutoring resources, and campus policies
- Need to determine transfer of credits or discuss taking time off from school
Advising for Current Ridgewater Students
Advising for New Ridgewater Students
New technical and liberal arts students must complete online orientation prior to meeting with their advisor or instructor. Upon completion of orientation, you’ll be able to select a date to choose your classes. Information about new student orientation, advising and registration day (OAR) is mailed and emailed to students. Technical student OAR days are also posted on our events calendar.
Call student services: (320) 222-5971
At Ridgewater, we recognize the relationship between personal development, emotional wellness, and success in academic pursuits. Our counseling program supports students who have personal issues that impede their academic success. Our counselors assist with emergency student resources and know many areas in the community and on campus that may be able to help.
Ridgewater counselors will also help you explore your interests, skills, and values that relate to a career decision. They will introduce various ways to assess yourself in these areas, and they will help you learn about the world of work in general and about specific careers.
Make a Counseling Appointment if you…
- Need crisis intervention
- Need brief, solution-oriented counseling
- Need referrals to other agencies, services, or professionals in the community
- Need help learning out how to take charge of your life and problem solving
- Are experiencing hardship or a financial obstacle that may keep you from remaining enrolled or successful at Ridgewater
Call student services and ask about counseling: (320) 222-5971
- Disability Services
The Disability Services Office helps ensure students with disabilities experience equal access during their time at Ridgewater. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: assistive devices, course selection and program advising, testing, note-taking, and sign language interpreting. An individual with a disability is defined as any person who has a physical or mental impairment that limits one or more major life activities, has a record of such an impairment and is regarded as having such an impairment.
Inquire about Disability Services if you…
- Believe you need accommodations based on your disability
- Need an interpreter
A disability services coordinator will contact you within a week of submitting this form to set up an appointment to discuss possible accommodations. If you need an interpreter, please contact one of the individuals listed below:
Hutchinson Campus – Terry Grinde | email@example.com | 320-234-8650
Willmar Campus – Jay Morrison | firstname.lastname@example.org | 320-222-8040
- Financial Aid & Billing
About Financial Aid
Financial aid is money to help pay for college. Financial aid comes in three main forms:
- Aid you don’t repay (grants and scholarships)
- Aid you must repay (loans)
- Aid you earn (work-study and military assistance)
There are many different types of financial aid available to students. They all are unique and offer distinct benefits to those who qualify. All students considering financial aid should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and enter Ridgewater’s college code 005252.
Make a Financial Aid Appointment if you…
- Need help completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Need to discuss loans or payments
- Have questions about how financial aid works
Call student services and ask about financial aid: (320) 222-5971
NOTE: If you have questions about billing or how to pay your tuition contact the Ridgewater College Business Office
- IT - Technology Support
About IT Support
Student technology services support the college community with the latest technology in and out of the classroom.
For assistance in the areas listed below contact One Stop Support: 1-844-456-3876
A federally funded student retention program, TRIO Student Support Services is designed to help students overcome class, social, and cultural barriers to complete their college education.
Services include: A pre-college summer program for new entering students, effective academic advising, academic progress monitoring and academic goal setting, individual academic and career planning, peer mentor group study assistance in specific courses, FAFSA and scholarship information assistance, assistance in transferring to four-year colleges and universities, tours of four-year colleges and universities, educational and cultural group activities, and access to TRIO technology.
Inquire about the TRIO Program if you are…
- A first-generation college student (first person to attend college in your family)
- And/or a low-income student
- And/or a student with a disability interested in additional resources to assist you in school.
- Tutoring (Academic Support Center)
To assist with the successful completion of Ridgewater College courses, tutors are available to help students. Working with tutors is a free service, so please take advantage of this great resource.
If you need help because you are a distant learner or need help at a time when other tutors are not available, Tutor.com is another option. It is an online tutoring service, free to all Ridgewater College students with help in many subject areas.
Make a Tutoring Appointment if you…
- Need help in one of your courses
- Need help navigating Tutor.com