CARES Act Emergency Grant Application
In addition to the CARES Act Across-the-Board and CARES Needs Based / Pell Eligible grants being distributed automatically to eligible students on or about May 15, these CARES Act emergency grants are also available by application.
The CARES Act Student Emergency Grants are intended to aid students with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus (COVID19). These eligible expenses include expenses under a student’s cost of attendance, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and childcare.
A student is eligible to apply for a Cares Act Emergency Grant if he/she, as of March 6, 2020 (preCOVID19), was:
- Enrolled in at least one face-to-face course for credit at Ridgewater College (Spring Semester 2020)
- Eligible to apply for financial aid
- Not PSEO or concurrent enrollment status, dually enrolled in more than one Minnesota State college, DACA/undocumented students, or a Senior Citizen
- Not a recipient of employer-paid funding to cover tuition and fees
- Not currently incarcerated
Supporting documentation of eligible expenses is requested, but not required. Responses will be sent to students within 8-10 business days after submitting their application. Please note, Monday, May 25th is a holiday and not considered a business day.
To access the application students will need to login with their StarID@go.minnstate.edu and StarID password. If you have questions regarding the application please reach out to email@example.com.