COVID-19 Daily Self-Screening
Effective August 10, 2020, all students, employees, and visitors coming to campus will be required to complete a COVID-19 self-screening. The screening can be done using the QR Code and a smartphone once on campus, or can be completed prior to arriving. The self-screening needs to be completed each day you are on campus.
To use the QR code, open your camera or scanning app on your iPhone or Android phone and position over the QR Code in your Viewfinder. If you do not have a smartphone, complete the self-screening form shortly before or upon arrival to campus. The video below provides a brief demonstration of the self-screening tool.
COVID-19 Symptoms & Screening Questions
On the COVID-19 self-screening form you will answer a variety of questions related to COVID-19 symptoms:
Do you have or are you experiencing any of the following?
- A fever (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher), or a sense of having a fever (chills, sweating)
- A new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- A new shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- A new sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- New muscle aches that you cannot attribute to another health condition and that are not caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)
- A new headache that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- New loss of smell or taste that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- Vomiting or diarrhea that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- Are you under evaluation for COVID-19 (e.g., waiting for the results of a viral test to confirm infection)?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared to discontinue isolation?
The form will also have the option for “I have experienced none of these”. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 you will not be permitted to come on campus and will receive the not authorized guidance message outlined below after completing your self-screening form.
- Not Authorized Guidance Message
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and you do not pass the COVID-19 self-screening, you will receive and need to comply by the following message:
Based on your answers, you are NOT authorized to come on campus for classes or work.
Based on Minnesota Department of Health guidance:
- Self-isolate or quarantine immediately
- Monitor your health, contact your healthcare provider as needed
You should also:
- If you are a student:
- Contact campus healthcare services or the COVID-19 contact below for further assistance
- Students living on campus should also contact your residence life assistant
- Contact your faculty members to inform them that you will not be attending class
- If you are an employee, contact your supervisor or human resources
- If you are a visitor, contractor, or vendor, inform your campus contact
- Contact the campus COVID-19 contact, firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional assistance (please do not send any health-related information to this email address)
For further COVID-19 information visit https://www.ridgewater.edu/covid-19/
You may return when:
- You have had no fever for at least 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medications) AND
- Your symptoms have improved (for example, when the cough or shortness of breath has improved) AND
- At least 10 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared.