Ridgewater College’s Economic Contribution is $170,200,331.
The Ridgewater Economic Impact is evident by our tremendous presence in Willmar and Hutchinson, Minnesota. Our faculty, staff, students, and alumni are engaged in the community and laser focused on workforce development.
Contributing to the Minnesota economy
- Ridgewater College has a combined economic contribution of $170.2 million. This includes a direct impact of $85.8 million and indirect/induced impact of $84.4 million.
- Operational and capital spending in the State of Minnesota generates $86.0 million of the total impact and $84.2 million from student and visitor spending.
- Ridgewater College generates about $9,765,055 in tax revenues for state and local governments.
Supporting and sustaining jobs in the state
- Ridgewater College directly employs 356 people in Minnesota.
- Overall, Ridgewater College supports more than 1,456 Minnesota jobs (894 direct and 562 indirect/induced).
Student and alumni impact
- In academic year 2016-2017, Ridgewater College awarded 840 associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Based upon the conservative assumption that each graduate will earn an additional $6,250 annually over a high school degree, and the average span of a 40 year career, Ridgewater alumni living and working in Minnesota, which total 29.305 will have contributed nearly $5.9 billion in impact over the span of their careers.
Charitable donations and volunteer services
- Ridgewater faculty, staff, and students generated an estimated $915,068 in chartibale donations and volunteer services.
- $279,096 donated to local charitable organizations
- $635,972 worth of volunteer time