Auto Body Collision Technology
From left to right: instructor Joe Wambeke, Dylan Ahrndt, and instructor Jim Wallace
Congratulations to Dylan Ahrndt
- new National SkillsUSA Champion in Automotive Collision Refinishing! Read more here.
- HIGH-TECH industry equipment
- Students are TOP RANKED at Skills USA contests
- Learn hands-on using actual CUSTOMER WORK
- Instructors are ASE MASTER-CERTIFIED
- Program facilities are STATE-OF-THE-ART
- Strong INDUSTRY affiliation
About the Program
The Auto Body program at Ridgewater College offers students an opportunity to use state-of-the-art equipment such as computerized measuring systems, laser-guided measuring systems, computerized paint mixing systems, and other sophisticated equipment found in high-tech auto collision shops.
Students spend much time working in the shop, learning skills such as:
- Custom painting
- Collision repair shop estimating
- Classic muscle car restoration
- Interior reconditioning
Ridgewater boasts the best-equipped Auto Body facility in the Upper Midwest, including four downdraft booths with capabilities to bake the finish, the latest in modern equipment for diagnosis and repair of cars and light trucks, and a computerized vinyl graphics design and application system.
Ridgewater’s Auto Body program is NATEF-certified, and the instructors are ASE master-certified. ASE stands for Automotive Service Excellence and signifies that an individual or program meets the highest standards of achievement in the U.S. auto service industry. The program is one of the largest in the Upper Midwest, with two full-time instructors.