• EMPLOYERS SEEK RIDGEWATER’S SKILLED GRADUATES
• ON-SITE salon and day spa for HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
• INDUSTRY-EXPERIENCED staff who are current with the latest trends
• LICENSED by the Minnesota Board of Cosmetology
• ACTIVE STUDENT BODY with numerous activity and club options
About the Program
Ridgewater students are highly sought after by employers because our history of graduating skilled stylists. By attending Ridgewater, students will not only learn from textbooks and lectures, but will have the opportunity to practice what they learn on actual clients in the Ridgewater College Salon and Day Spa. Ridgewater students train in the art and science of cutting, coloring, perms, and styling, as well as manicures, pedicures, and skin treatments. You will graduate with all the necessary tools and experience to earn your licensure and get your career off to a great start!
At Ridgewater College Cosmetology, the student’s training is spent initially in theoretical as well as practical work. The goal is to establish thorough and complete knowledge of cosmetology and good professional habits. The program consists of demonstrations, lectures, hands-on training and examinations. The scheduling at the beginning of the program is primarily classroom work. The latter portion is the actual application phase of working in the Ridgewater College Salon & Day Spa.