TRIO Student Support Services
PRESS RELEASE – Ridgewater receives $1.37 million grant to help disadvantaged students succeed [PDF]
A federally funded student retention program, TRIO Student Support Services is designed to help students overcome class, social, and cultural barriers to complete their college education.
- A pre-college summer program for new entering students
- Effective academic advising
- Academic progress monitoring and academic goal setting
- Individual academic and career planning
- Peer mentor group study assistance in specific courses
- FAFSA and scholarship information assistance
- Assistance in transferring to four-year colleges and universities
- Tours of four-year colleges and universities
- Educational and cultural group activities
- Access to TRIO technology
Note: Many of the above services are provided in coordination with other campus services.
Who Is Eligible?
- First-generation college students
- Low-income students
- Students with disabilities
Eligible students must also be:
- A U.S. citizen or meet residency requirements for federal financial assistance
- Enrolled at Ridgewater College in a two-year degree or accepted for enrollment in a two-year degree program (Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and/or Associate of Applied Science) at the college for the next academic term
TRIO Office Locations
The TRIO Student Support Services program at Ridgewater College is made possible through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education