DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
In DECA, You Will Become:
- Academically prepared – DECA members are ambitious, high-achieving leaders equipped to conquer the challenges of their aspirations.
- Community oriented – Recognizing the benefit of service and responsibility to the community, DECA members continually impact and improve their local and broader communities.
- Professionally responsible – DECA members are poised professionals with ethics, integrity, and high standards.
- Experienced leaders – DECA members are empowered through experience to provide effective leadership through goal setting, consensus building, and project implementation.
As an integral part of the classroom curriculum, DECA’s industry-validated competitive events are aligned with the National Curriculum Standards in the career clusters of marketing, business management and administration, finance, and hospitality and tourism.
- A variety of conferences with a focus on leadership and team development
- “What Matters Most” personal and professional time management seminar based on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Leadership positions from the local through the international levels
- Networking at conferences
- Exclusive online job fair for DECA members
- Management Institutes are dynamic and interactive learning activities focused on strategic decision-making and effective management. Institutes are offered at the International Conference for a variety of industries.
- Members strive to make a difference within their communities
- DECA recognizes service among chapters through the Diamond Chapter Award
Willmar Collegiate DECA Officers
President: Christopher Schmitz
Vice President: Jarrod Tolzmann
Treasurer/Secretary: Kolten Nienhaus
Historian: Ian Anderson & Abdihalim Mohamed
Community Service Coordinator: Victoria VanZee