Annual Community Health Fair
Tuesday, March 19, 2019
10:30 am-12:30 pm
Commons (Cafeteria Area)
Tuesday, March 21, 2019
10:30 am-12:30 pm
Cafeteria (Student Center, 2nd Level)
Join us for our annual Community Health Fairs where you can learn how to live a healthier lifestyle, find businesses that are hiring in healthcare fields, and get free giveaways!
Businesses from the Hutchinson & Willmar areas are coming to each campus to display information on natural foods, fitness, eye care, dental care, nursing, weight loss programs and more!
Several businesses will be seeking qualified candidates. Bring your resume and network with potential employers.
Get free samples at vendor booths and enter to win door prizes or a grand prize! Door prizes will be given away every half hour; grand prize entries will be selected at the end of the event. (Need not be present to win.)
Now seeking vendors! There is no fee for having a vendor booth, so if your business or organization would like to have a table at one or both of our Health Fairs, please sign up using the link below by Monday, February 25, 2019: https://airtable.com/shrndMBDJoI0QQSmY
Heather Marcus | email@example.com | 320-234-8562
Angela Boersma | firstname.lastname@example.org | 320-222-5643
Ridgewater College provides speakers, classes, and activities throughout the year to support healthy student behaviors and choices. Each campus hosts an annual health fair in partnership with community agencies as well as biannual visits from the Red Cross Bloodmobile.
Automated external defibrillators (AED) and first aid kits are available across the campuses.
Both Ridgewater campuses have a fitness center.
Student Wellness Magazine
Student Health 101 is a monthly health and wellness magazine for students and their families. Each issue features valuable information to help students make better decisions. It also helps parents gain a better understanding of the health and wellness challenges that today’s students face.
Minnesota Statutes, Section 135A.14 requires that all students attending post-secondary schools have immunization status that is current for measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, and tetanus. People who were born in 1956 or earlier and students who graduated from high school since 1997 are exempt. All other students will need to submit an immunization record that is complete and up to date. Sources for dates of immunization are high school, clinic, or military records. If you have problems understanding these records, please contact student services for assistance.
Health Insurance Policy for International Students
All international students attending Ridgewater College are required to purchase the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities international student accident and illness insurance plan. Please contact Linda Duering: 320-222-5976, email@example.com.
Health Links and Resources
Health and Relationship Violence
- Birth control
- Sexual violence
- Intimate partner violence
- Domestic violence and abuse
- Sexual violence
Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- College students and substance abuse
- Date rape drugs
- Drinking and driving
- Effects of Drinking Alcohol on Your Health
- Poison control tips
- Poison Control Centers helpline: 1-800-222-1222
- Tobacco cessation
- Addiction guide
- College students and mental health
- Guide to drugs on campus
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- College Drug Use
Diet, Nutrition and Exercise
- Blood pressure
- Common colds
- Getting enough sleep
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Minnesota AIDS hotline: 800-248-2437
- Alcohol/drug referral service:800-729-6686
- Cancer hotline:800-227-2345
- Center for Disease Control (CDC):800-232-4636
- Depression and anxiety 24-hour helpline: 800-234-0038
- Emergency 24-hour mental health helpline:320-484-4585
- Family planning/STD hotline: 800-783-2287
- Gay and Lesbian Community Action Council (Out Front Minnesota): 800-800-0350
- American Social Health Association hotline: 800-227-8922
- Poison Control Centers hotline: 800-222-1222
Hutchinson Campus Resources
- McLeod Emergency Food Shelf: 320-587-4796
- Common Cup Ministries: 320-587-2213
- Hutchinson Health
- Clinic: 320-234-3290
- Hospital: 320-234-5000
- Mental Health Clinic: 320-484-4610
- 24-hour crisis line: 320-484-4585
- Chemical dependency: 320-234-4610
- McLeod County Public Health: 320-864-3185
- Family planning, Follow Along Program, home visits, improved pregnancy outcome, new baby visits, pregnancy testing, SIDS, WIC, and Project Harmony
- McLeod Alliance for Victims of Domestic Violence: 320-234-7933
Willmar Campus Resources
- Safe Avenues: 320-235-0962
- Services are free. Service provided to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Kandiyohi County Public Health: 320-231-7800
- Willmar Area Food Shelf: 320-235-2641
- ACMC-Willmar Main Clinic: 320-231-5000
- Rice Memorial Hospital: 320-235-4543
- Rice Institute for Counseling and Mental Health: 320-231-4399
- Campus Ministries Center and Food Shelf
- Chaplain Jeff: 320-905-0345
- Pastor Amy: 320-282-2225
- Willmar inpatient drug and alcohol rehab centers