College students face a variety of challenges, from anxiety and low self-confidence to relationship and academic problems.
Professional counselors at the Ridgewater counseling center can help students identify, understand, and develop skills to resolve their personal concerns. Counseling services are free for Ridgewater students.
What Is Counseling?
Counseling is an educational process that enables students to learn more about themselves. It is a chance to confidentially talk about what is on your mind with an objective person who can help you learn new skills and ways of looking at situations.
At Ridgewater, we recognize the relationship between personal development, emotional wellness, and success in academic pursuits. Our counseling program supports students who have personal issues that impede their academic success. We offer crisis intervention, brief solution-oriented counseling, and referrals to other agencies, services, or professionals in the community.
Working with a counselor at Ridgewater is generally short term, with clear purposes. The goal is to help students learn how to take charge of their life and be more capable of solving future.
Call Student Services at 320-222-5971 or schedule an appointment using our online form
After-Hours and Emergency Resources
If you need to speak with someone immediately, the following resources are available. For emergencies, call 911.
- Hutchinson Health Emergency 24-hour mental health helpline: 320-484-4585
- McLeod County Mobile and Telephone Crisis Response: 320-864-2713
- Woodland Center Mobile Crisis Response (Serving Big Stone, Chippewa, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Meeker, Renville and Swift Counties): 1-800-432-8781
- Additional mental health resources are available on the State of Minnesota’s website.
- Minnesota AIDS Hotline: 800-248-2437
- Alcohol/Drug Referral Service: 800-729-6686
- Cancer Hotline: 800-227-2345
- Center for Disease Control (CDC): 800-232-4636
- Depression and Anxiety 24-hour Helpline: 800-234-0038
- Family Planning/STD hotline: 800-783-2287
- Gay and Lesbian Community Action Council (Out Front Minnesota): 800-800-0350
- American Social Health Association Hotline: 800-227-8922
- Poison Control Centers Hotline: 800-222-1222