Please note that we have closed our library and test center on both campuses indefinitely. Library services are still available but have moved entirely online.
Placement into college level English or Math courses will be based on placement scores from Accuplacer*, ACT, SAT, MCA and/or high school GPA.
*Due to COVID-19 Ridgewater College has suspended Accuplacer testing until further notice.
- Bring your Ridgewater College ID or valid driver’s license
- Bring a No. 2 lead pencil for Scantron tests
- You must submit a test center authorization form to the test center before a NDT test is given; please ask your instructor for this form.
- Food is not allowed in the test center
- Cell phones must be turned off
- Cell phones and calculator covers need to be deposited in the appropriate boxes in the test center before a test is given
- Arrive early enough to finish their exams by the posted closing times. (Tests are not distributed 30 minutes prior to closing times)
Assessment Testing (Accuplacer)
Initial assessment tests are free for Ridgewater College students or Minnesota State students. There is a $10 fee for students who are retaking any part of the assessment test if the student’s scores are still valid. Students are allowed to retest once within the period that the scores are valid (two calendar years for mathematics and three calendar years for reading comprehension).
There is a $25 fee for students who take the assessment test at Ridgewater College and transfer their scores to a non-Minnesota state college or university.
See the Accuplacer test schedule.
Tests and Fees
Testing fees cover test administration as well as other costs associated with printing, mailing, or faxing exams back to institutions. Fees must be paid prior to the exam. Students must provide a receipt from the Ridgewater College Business Office verifying fee payment.
There is a $10 fee per exam (tests or quizzes) for students attending non-Minnesota state institutions, with a maximum of $50 per course.
Course testing is done on a walk-in basis during posted test center hours only. Testing is not available during weekends, holidays, and many non-class days. When possible and appropriate, priority will be given to Ridgewater College students.
Students taking the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) test must pay an administration fee of $20 (payable to Ridgewater College). This is in addition to the fee that is paid directly to CLEP through the CLEP website. This administration fee must be paid prior to testing, and students must provide a receipt from the business office verifying payment to the test proctor.
Students taking the CLEP test must make an appointment at the testing center they wish to test at.